12 Amazing Ways To Sell Your Slow-moving Products
1. You could giveaway the product for free from your web site. Just because it won’t sell doesn’t mean people won’t visit your web site to get it for free. Give it away with a minimum purchase order.
2. Try auctioning off the product at an online auction like Ebay. You may make part of your investment back. If you’re lucky, you may even make a profit because people sometimes get into bidding wars and will bid a higher price than the product is worth.
3. Tie the product in as a free bonus for one of the more popualar products you sell. This will increase the perceived value of the
product you’re selling. People will feel they’re receiving more for less.
4. Contact businesses with the same target market and see if they would be interested in using your product as a free bonus for their product. You could place your ad on the product and get free advertising.
5. Sell your product to businesses at wholesale cost as a promotional product. Businesses are always looking for products they can giveaway to their customers with their advertising on the product. You could make part of your investment back.
6. You could create an online contest so people could win your product. This will attract traffic to your web site. You also could get free advertising by listing it on online contest directories.
7. Ask businesses with the same target audience if they would be interested in combining your product with their product. You could then sell them together as a package deal and split the profits. You may have better results selling your product this way.
8. If you are a internet-only business, see if one of the local smaller shops in your area would like to display your product. Use one or more of the above strategies to get them to retail your product.
9. Offer a future discount. Instead of giving away the product, offer a future discount on other products if they purchase your slow-moving product.
10. Offer a free service. If you owned a beauty shop, offer a free haircut or a style if they buy this product. Tie it in with another product so the consumer doesn’t see that you are trying to get rid of that product.
11. Offer a quantity discount when they purchase more than one of that item. You can increase the discount by how many products they order. If they order 3 it’s a 10% discount, if they order 5 it’s a 20% discount.
12. When you’re selling a product you could offer similar products in a package deal. Tell the people the other products are cheaper with the
package deal versus purchasing them separately.